Your Health & Safety in East Los Angeles, CA
To our wonderful patients at Purple Vine Dental:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months and we are all looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Upon arrival, we ask that you remain in your car and call our office at (323) 269-8007. We will inform you when it is time for you to enter. Enter our office with a mask on and leave it on until treatment begins.
- Your temperature will be taken with a no-touch thermometer.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines or PlayStation since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- If fever with symptoms is present, you will be advised to return home, see a physician for COVID-19 testing, and self-quarantine for 14 days. We will determine the urgency of treatment and reschedule your appointment or refer you for treatment as needed, based on recommended ADA guidelines. We will use our best judgment to determine if fever may be related to dental infection.
- The number of patients in the office will be limited so that social distancing can be maintained. All others will be asked to wait outside or in their car. Patients should be 6 feet apart from each other in the patient lounge and at the check-out counter.
- Team members will disinfect shared surfaces after each patient.
- UVC air purifiers are present and running in all rooms of the office.
- High volume aerosol evacuation is used in all operatories.
- Patient escorts/guests may only be present if medically or legally necessary.
- If a patient escort must stay with the patient, both parties must fill out and sign the Purple Vine Dental COVID-19 Health Screening Form.
- Leaving and Re-entry – Patients are permitted to leave for any reason and re-enter the facility after their initial screening that day.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 323-269-8007.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Dr. Shauna Lee and the entire Purple Vine Dental Team
As one of the premier dental practices in East Los Angeles, CA, our doctors and team at Purple Vine Dental also provide 5-star dental care to patients from Boyle Heights & Commerce, CA & the surrounding areas.